Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bathroom Redo :: Hooks

I first wrote about our bathroom redo a long time ago and tonight was the first night I actually got to step into that shower! We worked with a lot of artisanals and you can’t really give these folks deadlines. The bathroom door was custom, left nude then painted our choice color--it only took about three months to get that one done.
Then I started to look around for hooks. The kind of hooks you plant into your wall then have no need to take them out just because the latest trend is brass. I was looking for something warm like wood, but the wood had to match or otherwise not distract from our counter otherwise there would be too much mix and match going on. My husband took on the job. I took on the design. He was able to cut them at a funky angle requested, studied the best way to insert the screws and we decided to paint them the color of the door. And I love them!